Thank you for checking out "Go M.A.D. with Doug and Brad." Our goal with these blogs is to summarize some of the make-a-different steps you heard on the podcast, so you can "Go Make a Difference"! We pray this will help encourage you to put these thoughts and ideas into action, and maybe even share them with a friend.
In episode 11, we tackle the topic of viewing social media as a mission field instead of a battlefield. We know there are a lot of people who get tired of the drama and negativity online, but the reality is that when we see people as Jesus sees them, we can be ambassadors of hope where hope is so desperately needed.
Here are some pointers to being a make a difference person on social media:
- You do not have to engage every situation. You can be the peacemaker.
- Be authentic. People want to know you are in the same boat as them.
- Be an encourager.
- Post a Bible verse that speaks to what is going on in the world. Don't use verses to make a political point, but to point people to Jesus during difficult days.
- Let someone know you are praying for them, and then remember to pray!
- Be compassionate in your words and your tone.
- Pray before you post. Read what you have written a couple of times before posting it, and don't be afraid to use the delete button.
We pray these steps will help you "let your light shine before others" (Matthew 5:16) on social media. Don't be afraid to jump on a platform your friends and loved ones are on - make a difference people are needed there!
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom" (James 3:13).
If you missed any episodes, or want to leave a review to help more people hear about how to make a difference, find us on Apple podcasts or at this link: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/go-m-a-d/id1593068456.
Until next time, remember to Go M.A.D.!